Heaven belongs to the Lord alone,(Psalms 115:16) Good News Translation
but he gave the earth to us humans.
A reason why mainstream science (SciPop) is convinced that a firmament is impossible is the supposed expansion of the universe.
The main evidence for the expansion of the universe is something called redshift. Redshift is believed to be an example of the Doppler effect. This is the reason why the siren of a Police car sounds at a higher pitch when it’s approaching, and at a lower pitch when it’s receding. The motion of the source of sound causes the peaks and troughs of the sound waves to be compressed or elongated giving the effect of sounding at a higher or lower frequency.
We all have the same evidence. Our choice of paradigm determines what we think it’s evidence of.– Matty’s Razor
THE NARRATIVE (inductive rationalization) is that, supposedly, the redshift is caused by the stars moving away from the Earth. The observations also indicate that the more redshifted a stars is, the further away it will be. This is taken as a measure of the recession speed of a star or galaxy. By this logic the amount of redshift is an indication of the recession speed of the object. That’s to say it’s a measure of how fast it’s moving away from us. The further away the stars are the more redshifted they appear to be, and the faster they’re moving away from us. In theory.
The beauty of this use of redshift is that, theoretically, if the universe is expanding at a measurable rate, then it should be possible to extrapolate back to when the universe was a hot dense mass at the time of the Big Bang. With the right fudge (the Hubble constant) we can induce a timescale which matches the one required by biological evolution. It’s so perfect that there’s no reason for SciPop to bother considering that the explanation might be wrong. There are two problems with this inductive rationalization of redshift:
- IF all of the stars are moving away from the earth in every direction,
- THEN the Earth is at the center,
- No other possible explanation has been considered,
- because peer review found a rationalization that works and stopped looking.
Here’s why the SciPop inductive rationalization fails on both points.
1. Redshift is Geocentrospheric
Redshift is measured from the Earth and it’s evenly distributed in every direction that we look, therefore it’s inherently and empirically Geocentrospheric. Redshift is a quintessentially Geocentrospheric phenomenon.
2. Gravitational Time Dilation
SciPop is the product of peer review. Peer review operates on the principle of,
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.– Peer review
Redshift and the expansion of the universe appear to slam dunk some critical requirements of the SciPop narrative of godless existence: it can be fudged to shore up the time scale required by biological evolution. It works, so why mess with it?
Matty’s Paradigm operates on the principle that God cannot lie and the Bible is true. This manifests as,
If it ain’t broke, break it.– Matty’s Paradigm
How about some logic?
- IF earth is at the center of the observable universe,
- AND it’s the source of gravity for the universe,
- AND time passes more slowly the closer you get to the center of the earth,
- THEN time passes more quickly the further away you are,
- THEREFORE light will appear to speed up as it falls to earth, in proportion to the distance that it has traveled.
- Call upon the name of Jesus Christ,
- believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
- confess your sin.
But do not forget one thing, my dear friends! There is no difference in the Lord’s sight between one day and a thousand years; to him the two are the same.(2 Peter 3:8) Good News Translation
Is there another explanation for redshift? Hubble though it could be due to energy loss as light travels through space. We (that’s me and the Holy spirit) attribute the phenomenon to gravitational time dilation.
- IF time passes more slowly the closer you get to a large source of gravity,
- AND the Earth is the source of gravity for the observable universe,
- THEN light traveling towards Earth will appear to speed up as it falls to Earth.
This causes the apparent stretching of the wavelengths and the supposed Doppler effect. Technically speaking the light isn’t speeding up, time is slowing down. If light speed is constant, but time slows down, it will appear that the light speeds up as it falls to Earth. This causes the apparent stretching of wavelengths which is observed as redshift. Redshift is proportional to the distance the light has traveled, and so it’s an indication of the relative distance to the stars, but it’s not a measurement of recession speed.
Redshift in Matty’s Paradigm
Two things can account for redshift:
- Some stars aren’t redshifted, they’re red colored,
- they’re crystalline firmament material (CFM) with a composition similar to ruby or other red crystals.
- Gravitational Time Dilation (GTD),
- time slows down the closer we are to the center of the Earth which causes the apparent stretching of light wavelengths,
- redshift is a measurement of the relative distance to stellar objects, but not recession speed.
The question is, which is variable, light speed or time? This is a fun thing to ponder, given the relationship between gravity and time, but we have empirical observations of time dilation in the GPS satellite navigation system so we can safely assume that light speed is constant. That is, until we need for light speed to be variable, in which case we’ll break that too. Just sayin’
At an orbital radius of 26,541 km above the center of the earth time passes faster on GPS satellites by 38,640 nanoseconds per day.– GPS Time Dilation
House of Serenity
Health and Wellness