To Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg, for in his days the earth was divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan.(1 Chronicles 1:19) NKJV
The Pangaea super-continent was broken into continental landmasses sometime after the tower of Babel. People and fauna were dispersed to all corners of Pangaea and then the tectonic plates formed.
- IF The Bible is true,
- AND Noah’s flood happened and it was world-wide,
- THEN in order to account for the observed distribution of biological diversity:
- the Earth had to be one continental land mass, Pangaea, for a period of time after the flood,
- at some point after Babel, but presumably before Abraham (when the main narrative of the Bible begins), the Pangaea super-continent broke up.
- THEREFORE there ought to be a reference to the tectonic breakup of Pangaea in the Bible, during this period of time (Genesis 10:25).
|The breakup of Pangaea||Hypothesis 35|
|The breakup of Pangaea||Pangaea|
|The breakup of Pangaea||September 1 – Pangaea|
|The breakup of Pangaea||September 2 – Pangaean Geography|
|The distribution of biodiversity||September 4 – Monotremes|
|The distribution of biodiversity||Noah’s Deduction|
|The distribution of biodiversity||The Ends of the Earth|
|The distribution of biodiversity||The Sons of Noah|