The angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land raised up his hand to heaven and swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created heaven and the things that are in it, the earth and the things that are in it, and the sea and the things that are in it, that there should be delay no longer, but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.(Revelation 10:5-6) NKJV
There will be seven trumpets which initiate the plagues of the tribulation. Six of them will have sounded before the seventh and final trumpet sounds.
In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.(1 Corinthians 15:52) KJV
The rapture will take place after six of the seven trumpets have sounded. Here’s a quick summary of what happens as the first six trumpets are sounded:
Tribulation 0.86 The First Six Trumpets
- The surface of the earth is devastated by burning hail,
- humans and livestock are affected by burning sores in the skin,
- the continents move together to form a contiguous landmass.
- The first of three extraterrestrial impacts pollutes the sea,
- everything in the oceans dies.
- A second extraterrestrial impact poisons all fresh water,
- the rivers, streams and lakes turn to blood.
- The sun emits solar flares and burns off most of its remaining fuel,
- it briefly flares 7 times brighter then weakens to a dim glow.
- A third extraterrestrial impact ruptures the crust and mantle all around the periphery of the super-continent which has formed,
- a swarm of horse-sized armor-plated locusts with scorpion tails come out of the depths of the earth,
- smoke bellows out from the crack in the earth and darkens the sky,
- the scorpions torment the people for 5 months.
- All the armies of the earth assemble for the battle of Armageddon.
Anyone who survives the tribulation will live in peace on the Lord’s holy mountain and enjoy the good things of life.