He setteth an end to darkness, and searcheth out all perfection: the stones of darkness, and the shadow of death.(Job 28:3) KJV
Darkness, gloom: אֹ֣פֶל – ophel
- Root not used, Arab. to set, go down, as the sun.
- adj., late, as to growth, Ex. 9:32.
- adj. masc. dark, obscure, Am. 5:20.
- fem. darkness, thick darkness.
- masc. thick darkness; trop. misfortune.
- masc. darkness, Jos. 24:7.
- great darkness, comp. of the preceding and lt. darkness of the Lord, Je. 2:31
Davidson Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon page XL-XLI
[in the darkness] Darkness, gloom: אֹ֣פֶל – ophel
It’s surrounded by stones in thick darkness. What darkness? The gloom of the underworld, sheol, the underworld realm of the dead. The deep places of the Earth.
House of Serenity
Health and Wellness