Though you wash yourself with lye and use much soap, the stain of your guilt is still before me, declares the Lord GOD.(Jeremiah 2:22) ESV
Cleansing, purification and refinement are a prevailing themes in the broad narrative of scripture which are fulfilled in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Is the Bible scientific? If it were, it would include Physics and Chemistry. Here’s some Chemistry from the Bible which has direct application to cleansing. It’s an application of Hypothesis 22.
Nitre: בַּנֶּ֔תֶר – nether
- natron or carbonate of soda
- a mineral alkali
- From nathar; mineral potash (so called from effervescing with acid) — nitre.
In some cultures, nitre (natron) was thought to enhance spiritual safety for both the living and the dead. It occurs naturally, and was one of the strongest cleaning agents used in ancient times.– Nitre (natron)
House of Serenity
Health and Wellness
A cure for the plague
- Accept Jesus Christ as your savior,
- confess your sin.
- On your knees,
- put your head to the ground (if you can)
- chant the name Jesus, Jesus, Jesus….
- until you feel a burning sensation in the affected area
- flush the affected area with cold water, no soap
- dry the affected area with a clean towel
- get some rest.
- Repeat as needed.