Toward a Grand Synthesis
In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.(Genesis 7:11-12) KJV
Noah’s flood was not only a world-wide catastrophe, it was also a process which involved several stages. It gives us a way to account for the stratigraphic column, Cambrian through Quaternary.
By a totally staggering coincidence, the stratigraphic column is divided into sections which just happen to correspond to the process of Noah’s flood. The first of these was when the fountains of the deep burst open and the windows of heaven opened. It’s possible to clearly identify what the other parts of the process were.
The Stages of Noah’s Flood
- Paleozoic/Lower Noachian (Deluge)
- The waters of the great deep and from above the firmament made their first pass across the land traveling from the equator to the poles, destroying ecosystems, transporting the material, and depositing sediments which we refer to as Cambrian, Ordovician, Silurian, Devonian, Carboniferous and some of the Permian.
- As these waves reached the poles they gained height and energy, scrubbed the poles completely clean of all surface deposits, then began to retreat back to the equator.
- Mesozoic/Middle Noachian (Inundation)
- The water flowed from the poles to the equator, transporting and depositing the sediments which we assign to the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous.
- Cenozoic/Upper Noachian (Subsidence)
- The rain ended when the windows of heaven closed,
- this deposited the Iridium anomaly,
- the waves stopped propagating, and Tertiary and Quaternary sediments settled out.
Towards a Grand Synthesis – Navigation
|1||Toward a Grand Synthesis||Genesis 7:11-12|
|The Timeline for Noah’s Flood||Genesis 8:13-14|
|Eras, Periods and Epochs||Genesis 8:2|
|2||Paleozoic/Lower Noachian (Deluge)||Genesis 7:11|
|3||Mesozoic/Middle Noachian (Inundation)||Genesis 7:24|
|4||Cenozoic/Upper Noachian (Subsidence)||Genesis 8:5|
|The Theory of Ice Ages||Genesis 6:3|
- Call upon the name of Jesus Christ,
- believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
- confess your sin.
Read through the Bible in a year
|Reading plan||August 28|
House of Serenity
Health and Wellness