They went into the ark with Noah, two and two of all flesh in which there was the breath of life. And those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him. And the Lord shut him in.(Genesis 7:15-16) ESV
There were two horses on Noah’s ark, a mating pair, now there are at least seven species in genus Equus. That’s macro-evolution. Christians need to stop whining about it.
We (that’s me and the Holy spirit) incorporate the process of evolution into the creation narrative. Notice that we didn’t say the theory of evolution. Evolution as genetic change over time is extensively documented and there’s no need to dispute it.
We all have the same evidence. Our choice of paradigm determines what we think it’s evidence of.– Matty’s Razor
The nuance in understanding the context of evolution has been apparent to the scientific community for a while but Christians don’t seem to get it. Abiogenesis is the origin of life, evolution isn’t. Evolution is change in allele frequency in a population over time. Think of it like this: Abiogenesis is the process by which life was created, evolution is the process of what happened next.
By a totally staggering coincidence, this fits the Biblical narrative because popular science (SciPop) is clearly acknowledging a distinction between creation vs. the fall.
- Abiogenesis: Creation
- Life was created during the 6 days of creation.
- Developmental patterns are clearly evident but this isn’t evolution because there’s no death, and no passage of traits between generations. Each created kind is an Iteration.
- Evolution: The Fall
- At the fall of man the Earth was cursed. Nuclear decay and the process of senescence began. It became necessary to reproduce and generations of offspring began to inherit the changes to their DNA caused by decay.
- Biological evolution is bound to a timescale of billions of years because this is how long it would take to compile the human genome. However, by starting with a complete genome it’s only taken about 6,000 years to arrive at the current state that we’re in.
Biodiversity – Navigation
|Ignorant Home-schooled Knuckle-dragging Morons||John 15:18-19|
|Species Concepts||2 Corinthians 10:4-5|
|2||Distribution of Biodiversity||Hebrews 11:1|
|Freshwater Fish and Aquatic Communities||Matthew 4:19|
- Call upon the name of Jesus Christ,
- believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
- confess your sin.
Read through the Bible in a year
|Reading plan||September 3|