There is gold, and a multitude of rubies: but the lips of knowledge are a precious jewel.(Proverbs 20:15) KJV
In Matty’s Paradigm we believe that the universe is enclosed in a crystalline sphere called the firmament, so it can’t be expanding. Obviously there’s some other explanation for the apparent redshift of stellar objects.
Redshift in Matty’s Paradigm
Two things can account for redshift:
- Some stars aren’t redshifted, they’re red colored,
- they’re crystalline firmament material (CFM) with a composition similar to ruby or other red crystals.
- Gravitational Time Dilation (GTD),
- time slows down the closer we are to the center of the Earth which causes the apparent stretching of light wavelengths,
- redshift is a measurement of the relative distance to stellar objects, but not recession speed.
Predictive Testable Hypothesis 6
- IF gravity is a field emitted from the center of the Earth,
- and time passes more slowly the closer to the center of the Earth that you are,
- and time passes more quickly at the distance of the stars,
- THEN time slows down as light approaches Earth and this causes the apparent elongation of wavelengths,
- THEREFORE redshift is an approximation of distance to stars,
- BUT it’s not an indication of recession speed.