For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.(2 Corinthians 12:10) ESV
Atheist science troll (AST), scientifically illiterate science worshiper (SISW) and SciPop devotee are three kinds of interaction that you can expect if you discuss science and the Bible on social media.
We all have the same evidence. Our choice of paradigm determines what we think it’s evidence of.– Matty’s Razor
Atheist Science Trolls
Atheist science trolls (ASTs) are people who roam the Internet mocking anything that they don’t understand. They’re convinced that because science is so brilliant, they’re brilliant too.– Atheist Science Troll, definition
Atheist science trolls (ASTs) can be highly intelligent and knowledgeable people who have a general clue what they’re talking about, but who are oblivious to the fact that their beliefs are only valid within the mainstream science paradigm (SciPop). They may be experts in their field with extensive credentials but they don’t understand what evidence is or how it’s used. They frequently invoke the major deities of the atheist pantheon. They love memes and pithy quotes like Hitchens’s razor but don’t realize that he didn’t understand evidence either.
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.— Hitchens’s razor, meme
But there’s a problem: we all have exactly the same evidence (Matty’s razor). Now we have to redefine Hitchens.
Faith is believing in something that you can’t see, because of evidence.– Faith, definition
Hitchens’s razor is epistemological sleight-of-hand which fails to distinguish justified belief from opinion. It’s a tragic case of acquiring fame in the name of something that you don’t understand. It’s a major deity in the atheist pantheon, the subject of a lot of special pleading.– Hitchens’s razor, new definition
Here’s how it plays out:
- Hitchens is in a football field playing football with a football.
- Matty is in a tennis court playing tennis with a tennis ball.
- Hitchens is mocking Matty because you can’t play tennis with a football.
- Matty doesn’t care, Matty doesn’t need a football to play tennis.
The reason for creation is the manifestation of sentient life with free will.– The Reason for Creation
There are a series of stock responses that you can expect to see as if there’s an AST handbook full of pithy propaganda and everyone has been trained with it. We studied the responses and grouped them into classes to compile our own AST Handbook. Anytime you question the validity of the heliocentric model, for example, you can expect a barrage of opposition, for instance:
Atheist science trolls (ASTs) love to bring up things like Cassini’s or Voyager’s flight path and insist that it’s proof of heliocentricity.
Their logic, that the if heliocentric concept was used to plan successful space fights then the Geocentrospheric model is impossible, is like saying 2+2=4, therefore 4 has to be the product of 2+2, you can’t make 4 any other way.
Atheist Science Troll Logic
- THEREFORE, 3+1=4 is impossible.
- A heliocentric model is used to plan space flights,
- THEREFORE Geocentrosphericity is impossible.
They can’t grasp the fact that heliocentricity and Geocentrosphericity are both frames of reference in the same system. They coexist. Cassini or Voyager’s flight plan can be plotted from a heliocentric or geocentrospheric frame of reference. ASTs also have a completely warped notion of how falsifiability is applied in testing hypotheses.
Atheist Science Trolls and Falsifiability
- AST: The Noachian flood described in the Bible would leave an uninhabitable earth, attached “proof” (pseudoscience garbage was attached).
- Matty: Nothing you just said is a testable hypothesis. That means it’s not scientific. It’s an inductive rationalization of your premise. That’s called circular reasoning.
- AST: Cite one unfalsifiable claim in our “proof” please…
- Matty: “It can be falsified therefore it must be true?” Your spiritual blindness is quite breathtaking.
The purpose of creation is to bring about the permanent physical separation of light from darkness, day from night, good from evil.– The Purpose of Creation
Scientifically Illiterate Science Worshipers
These folk don’t have a clue what they’re talking about and the words are just thrown around randomly. They may know a lot of science jargon around but it’s not connected to any real understanding. They frequently invoke the minor deities of the atheist pantheon. They think that the answer to any science question is the word “science,” and an example of a typical exchange is provided.
Scientifically Illiterate Science Worshiper typical conversation
- Matty: Do you know how to calculate the mass of the sun?
- SISW: Dude, do you even science?
- Matty: Indeed. What science is used to calculate the mass of the sun?
- SISW: What science? You don’t even know what science is? You ******* retard!
- Call upon the name of Jesus Christ,
- believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
- confess your sin.
SciPop devotees are Christians who are enthralled with SciPop but who sound exactly like an atheist if you raise the possibility that the Bible is scientific. They’re scared that being a Christian means that they have to believe the Bible, which would mean supporting ridiculous notions like hell being in the center of the Earth or heaven being on the edge of space. In case you weren’t sure, Matty’s Paradigm is the science you need to prove that hell is in the center of the Earth and heaven is on the edge of space.
- Hell is expanding, it’s the cause of global warming.
- Heaven is a brightly shining wall on the edge of space as detected by the Voyager and New Horizons space missions which is empirical evidence of the firmament.
11 Replies to “ASTs, SISWs and SciPop Devotees”