O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.(1 Timothy 6:20-21) NKJV
We (that’s me and the Holy spirit) destroyed the theoretical foundation of mainstream science (SciPop). If the best you can do in defense of SciPop is invoke a pink, purple or rainbow Unicorn, then SciPop doesn’t stand a chance.
There comes a time in a conversation with an atheist science troll (AST) where they get lazy and rather than attempt to argue a point intelligently they figure that a flippant offhand remark about something unrelated will do the trick. In their mind, we think, they’re making the point that what we’re talking about is irrelevant, so they can be irrelevant too and it doesn’t matter.
We all have the same evidence. Our choice of paradigm determines what we think it’s evidence of.– Matty’s Razor
The problem is, we’re not being irrelevant.
So pink, purple or rainbow unicorn? It’s surprising how many times we’ve heard this in place of a demonstration of scientific knowledge. Here are some of the ways that the pink unicorn defense has been deployed. Bear in mind that this is during the discourse while we’re passionately debating serious issues using real science.
The Pink Unicorn Defense
- There’s no way you can prove the Invisible Pink Unicorn doesn’t exist.
- Yes, I hate god the same way I hate the pink unicorn.
- Imagine a world where 2 billion people follow the cult of the Invisible Pink Unicorn.
- Matty, prove my invisible pink pet unicorn doesn’t exist & I’ll match you…?
- You can’t prove the existence of Pink Unicorn on Pluto QED your “paradigm” is false.
- Claim the Great Cosmic Pink Unicorn did it.
- I put them in the “pink unicorn category” [i.e. Not demonstrably real (aka very low to zero probability)].
- What if the Invisible Purple Unicorn exists? Your assumption is useless without proof.
Thanks peeps, you’re killing SciPop with your laissez fair attitude.