To Boldly Go
The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.(2 Thessalonians 2:9-12) NKJV
Ask an atheist science troll (AST) scientifically illiterate science worshiper (SISW) or SciPop devotee to prove heliocentricity and they’re like deer in the headlights: they don’t have the slightest clue.
“Why? Heliocentricity was proven hundreds of years ago by Copernicus.”– Almost universal false belief.
It means that they don’t actually know anything about what Copernicus did. That’s not surprising though, the state of scientific knowledge among our scientific community is appalling.
Copernicus didn’t prove anything, that’s why he was ignored. The work that Copernicus did was only taken seriously after Galileo produced a major embarrassment to the religious establishment by using sleight-of-hand and Copernicus’s assumptions.
- There is no one center of all the celestial circles or spheres.
- The center of the earth is not the center of the universe, but only the center towards which heavy bodies move and the center of the lunar sphere.
- All the spheres surround the sun as if it were in the middle of them all, and therefore the center of the universe is near the sun.
- The ratio of the earth’s distance from the sun to the height of the firmament (outermost celestial sphere containing the stars) is so much smaller than the ratio of the earth’s radius to its distance from the sun that the distance from the earth to the sun is imperceptible in comparison with the height of the firmament.
- Whatever motion appears in the firmament arises not from any motion of the firmament, but from the earth’s motion. The earth together with its circumjacent elements performs a complete rotation on its fixed poles in a daily motion, while the firmament and highest heaven abide unchanged.
- What appear to us as motions of the sun arise not from its motion but from the motion of the earth and our sphere, with which we revolve about the sun like any other planet. The earth has, then, more than one motion.
- The apparent retrograde and direct motion of the planets arises not from their motion but from the earth’s. The motion of the earth alone, therefore, suffices to explain so many apparent inequalities in the heavens.
These assumptions have no basis in observations or experimental findings, they summarize the mental gymnastics necessary to imagine the universe from a different frame of reference than the Earth. It expressly states the need to deny empirical observations on three occasions.
Copernicus’ Denial of Empirical Observations
- Whatever motion appears in the firmament arises not from any motion of the firmament, but from the earth’s motion.
- What appears to us as motions of the sun arise not from its motion but from the motion of the earth.
- The apparent retrograde and direct motion of the planets arises not from their motion but from the earth’s.
Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.(Isaiah 47:13) KJV
Nowadays almost no one on Earth can conceive the possibility that empirical observations could be reality. Anyone with a background in mainstream science (SciPop) is going to automatically assume that anyone who agrees with them is an imbecile, even though they couldn’t begin to explain why. It’s ironic, because empirical is one of the words that ASTs, SISWs and SciPop devotees throw around as supposedly proof that people of faith are stupid. Empirical has to be flushed down the toilet in order to believe the SciPop paradigm.
- Call upon the name of Jesus Christ,
- believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
- confess your sin.
To Boldly Go – Navigation
|1||To Boldly Go||2 Thessalonians 2:9-12|
|ASTs, SISWs and SciPop Devotees||2 Corinthians 12:10|
|2||Their Thoughts are Evil||Genesis 8:20-22|
|Scientific Sleight-of-hand||Leviticus 19:36|
|Mainstream Science and the Strong Delusion||2 Thessalonians 2:9-12|
Read through the Bible in a year
|Reading plan||April 3|
|Linear||1 Kings 15-19|