Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned –(Romans 5:12) NKJV
We (that’s me and the Holy spirit) have incorporated evolution INTO creation. You don’t need to argue creation vs. evolution any more.
This is going to be a hard one for theologically conservative Christians to grasp. The process of evolution happens all the time, there’s no point disputing it. The problem is that it isn’t a gradual increase in diversity and complexity but the exact opposite. We draw a distinction between the creative process of the first six days (abiogenesis) and the fall of man and the subsequent decay of creation. In our context it’s referred to as devolution.
We all have the same evidence. Our choice of paradigm determines what we think it’s evidence of.– Matty’s Razor
Devolution is change in allele frequency in a population, combined with accumulated mutations and DNA replication errors, that causes genomic decay, sickness, and loss of variability over time. It includes both macro and micro evolution. It began at the fall of man in Genesis 3:16.– Devolution, definition
Most Creationists and conservative Christians are like the quintessential Don Quixote, tilting at the windmill of Darwinian Evolution. Popular science (SciPop) has moved on.
The obvious truth that all life is descended from a common ancestor has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution is the passage of heritable traits across successive generations which requires death. There was no death before sin. This means that the process of evolution started after sin brought death into the world (Genesis 3).
Some Christians have arrived at the absurd notion that God used evolution in the process of creation. That’s what we call compromise. There’s no need to compromise in order to show that creation easily accounts for two observations of biology:
- Organic life is derived from a common ancestor: His name is Jesus Christ and he created in a systematic manner, the pattern of which is discernible.
- Evolution is change in allele frequency in a population over time which causes the decay of genetic diversity.
The nuance in understanding the context of evolution has been apparent to the scientific community for a while but Christians don’t seem to get it. Abiogenesis is the origin of life, evolution isn’t. Evolution is change in allele frequency in a population over time. Think of it like this: Abiogenesis is the process by which life was created, evolution is the process of what happened next. By a totally staggering coincidence, this fits the Biblical narrative because SciPop is acknowledging creation vs. the fall.
- Life was created during the 6 days of creation.
- Developmental patterns are clearly evident but this isn’t evolution because there’s no death, and no passage of traits between generations. Each created kind is an Iteration.
- At the fall of man the Earth was cursed. Nuclear decay and the process of senescence began. It became necessary to reproduce and generations of offspring began to inherit the changes to their DNA caused by decay.
- Biological evolution is bound to a timescale of billions of years because this is how long it would take to compile the human genome. However, by starting with a complete genome it’s only taken about 6,000 years to arrive at the current state that we’re in.
The documented process of evolution, macro and micro, began after the fall of man but we can be even more specific about it’s context. Bear in mind that the Bible refers to kinds of animals and plant, not species. Species concepts are a human contrivance designed for the systematic arrangement of information. The genetic variability of one of the original kinds was as much as we see in a current family or genus.
- Call upon the name of Jesus Christ,
- believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
- confess your sin.
Devolution is the process of genetic change over time by which the animal kinds saved on Noah’s ark gave rise to the current distribution of biodiversity.– Devolution, context
Creationists should stop worrying about the evolution issue, they would be better served to illustrate that science vs. faith is a false dichotomy. In current propaganda faith is defined as belief without evidence, but since we all have the same evidence the definition is impossible. Faith is believing in something that you can’t see, because you have evidence.
House of Serenity
Health and Wellness