The first angel blew his trumpet. Hail and fire, mixed with blood, came pouring down on the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees, and every blade of green grass.
Then the second angel blew his trumpet. Something that looked like a huge mountain on fire was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea was turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.
Then the third angel blew his trumpet. A large star, burning like a torch, dropped from the sky and fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. (The name of the star is “Bitterness.”) A third of the water turned bitter, and many people died from drinking the water, because it had turned bitter.
Then the fourth angel blew his trumpet. A third of the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that their light lost a third of its brightness; there was no light during a third of the day and a third of the night also.(Revelation 8:7-12) Good News Translation
It needs to be noted that it’s said three times in Revelation chapter 8 that material falls to the Earth. In reality there are two concurrent events, each described from both an earthly and a heavenly perspective.
- Hail and fire mingled with blood (verse 7) is what it would look like on the earth if the third part of the stars (verse 12) fell to earth. By the time they reach the earth they are about the weight of a talent, due to the amount of material that is burned up as it passes through the upper atmosphere. These are indeed the stars. Stars are large pieces of crystalline material, made of sapphire or ruby like compounds, which reflect the light of the sun. They are not distant stars or galaxies.
- A great mountain burning with fire (verse 8) is the earthly perception of the great star from heaven (verse 10), Wormwood. This is not the same kind of star as the ones that fall like hail, but is most likely the planet Mercury. As far as the Bible is concerned, the planets are stars, but a “great star,” certainly refers to what we call planets.
This is a lot of material with which God is going to form a new surface for the Earth. We can make some approximate calculations of the amount of volume, and then estimate what the radius will be on the Millennial Kingdom earth. It is necessary to use the Matty’s Constant mass for the planet Mercury, which is calculated by using Newtonian math and Kepler’s laws with the assumption of a Geocentrospheric cosmos. We have to guess the density of Mercury, but we’ll just assume that it is similar to that of the earth.
Volume of Mercury
- 3.24E+12 Kg (Matty’s Constant Mass of Mercury)
- divided by 5.50E+06 Kg/m³ (Density of Mercury?)
- = 5.89E+05 m3 (Volume of Mercury)
We are just guessing that there are a billion billion stars. That’s one Sagan. If one-third of these fall to the earth, each the weight of a talent, and taking a talent to be 50Kg, then the volume of that mass, using the density of sapphire as a number, can be calculated:
Volume of Stellar Material
- 5.00E+19 Kg (Mass of stars (a billion billion talents))
- divided by 3 (Mass of 1/3 stars that falls from the heavens)
- = 1.67E+19 Kg
- divided by 3.98E+06 Kg/m³ (Density of Sapphire)
- = 4.19E+12 m³ (Volume of star material that falls from the heavens)
Now we have to add the volume of Mercury, the volume of star material and the volume of the current earth.
Volume of Mercury + stars + earth
- 5.27E+12 Kg/m³ (Volume of Mercury + stars + earth)
By using the calculation of how to calculate the volume of a sphere we can find the approximate radius of the Millennial Kingdom earth.
- New earth radius 10,795 Km
Next we will see what this does for the size and shape of the landmass which will be the Millennial Kingdom.
- Call upon the name of Jesus Christ,
- believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead,
- confess your sin.
2 Replies to “The Star Called Wormwood”