CAMBRIAN– Wilson N. Stewart, Paleobotany and the evolution of plants.
Climate warm and equable. Warm, epicontinental seas supporting an abundance of blue-green, green, and red algae. Abundance of marine invertebrates; first trilobites and foraminifers.
Cause and Effect
First Cause and Effect
- IF Alpha, male, God the father
- AND Omega, female, God the Holy Spirit
- THEN Alpha and Omega, neuter, the only begotten, God the Son, Jesus Christ
The space between the atmosphere (1st heaven) and the firmament (3rd heaven). The location of the stars and planets.– Celestial Realm (2nd Heaven), definition
- Phylum Cordata
- Subphylum Vertebrata
- Class Mammalia
- Subphylum Vertebrata
Circumferential shortening is a change in the circumference of the Earth, evident from tectonic plates, deep ocean trenches and up thrust mountain ranges. Caused by Radial Shrinkage.– Circumferential Shortening, definition
In the early days of Geology people would do arcane things like measure the amount of crustal material that was overlain, subducted or upthrust into mountain ranges and conclude that there’s too much of it. Why’s there so much extra crustal material to account for? This is known as circumferential shortening and it used to vex Geologists of yesteryear. Some proposed radial shrinkage, that the radius of the Earth must have shrunk, but no one was ever able to satisfactorily explain why the Earth underwent radial shrinkage and the issue faded out of view.
Calculating Circumferential Shortening using 2πr
|Radius of 3rd Day Earth||tr||2||3.14 x 7,653||48,085|
|Radius of Present Day Earth||pr||2||3.14 x 6,371||40,030|
The largest change was prompted by entomologist Willi Hennig’s work in the 1950s, which evolved into modern cladistics. For specimens known only from fossils, the rigorous analysis of characters to determine evolutionary relationships between different groups of animals (clades) proved incredibly useful. When computer-based analysis using cladistics came into its own in the 1990s, paleontologists became among the first zoologists to almost wholeheartedly adopt the system. Progressive scrutiny and work upon dinosaurian interrelationships, with the aid of new discoveries that have shed light on previously uncertain relationships between taxa, have begun to yield a stabilizing classification since the mid-2000s. While cladistics is the predominant classificatory system among paleontology professionals, the Linnean system is still in use, especially in works intended for popular distribution.– Cladistics, definition Wikipedia
Cluelessness Event Horizon (CEH)
The cluelessness event horizon is that moment in a conversation when it’s obvious that a troll is bluffing. The words and phrases they use make it clear that they don’t know what they’re talking about. People on Twitter believe that they can bluff their way out of it, but it’s already too late: they’ve passed the CEH.– Cluelessness Event Horizon (CEH), definition
Cognitive impairment is a polite way to call someone stupid. Useful in certain social media interactions, particularly on Twitter.– Cognitive Impairment, definition
- There is no one center of all the celestial circles or spheres.
- The center of the earth is not the center of the universe, but only the center towards which heavy bodies move and the center of the lunar sphere.
- All the spheres surround the sun as if it were in the middle of them all, and therefore the center of the universe is near the sun.
- The ratio of the earth’s distance from the sun to the height of the firmament (outermost celestial sphere containing the stars) is so much smaller than the ratio of the earth’s radius to its distance from the sun that the distance from the earth to the sun is imperceptible in comparison with the height of the firmament.
- Whatever motion appears in the firmament arises not from any motion of the firmament, but from the earth’s motion. The earth together with its circumjacent elements performs a complete rotation on its fixed poles in a daily motion, while the firmament and highest heaven abide unchanged.
- What appear to us as motions of the sun arise not from its motion but from the motion of the earth and our sphere, with which we revolve about the sun like any other planet. The earth has, then, more than one motion.
- The apparent retrograde and direct motion of the planets arises not from their motion but from the earth’s. The motion of the earth alone, therefore, suffices to explain so many apparent inequalities in the heavens.
Copernicus’ Denial of Empirical Observations
- Whatever motion appears in the firmament arises not from any motion of the firmament, but from the earth’s motion.
- What appears to us as motions of the sun arise not from its motion but from the motion of the earth.
- The apparent retrograde and direct motion of the planets arises not from their motion but from the earth’s.
Biblical Features of the Core
|Bottomless pit||phrear tes abyssou||Revelation 9:1-2||3/29|
|Foundations of the earth||mowcadar erets||Jeremiah 31:37||2/10|
|Hell||tartarus||2 Peter 2:4||3/29|
|Hell below||sheol tachath||Isaiah 14:9||3/27|
|Hell fire||gehenna pyros||Matthew 5:22||3/29|
|Lowest hell||sheol tachti||Deuteronomy 32:22||3/27|
|Lowest parts of the earth||tachti erets||Psalms 139:15||6/7|
|Pit||bowr, shachath||Isaiah 38:18||3/26|
|Pit of corruption||missahat beli||Isaiah 38:17||3/26|
Core Accretion Model
The Coriolis effect is a minor deity in the atheist pantheon. It’s the subject of a lot of special pleading. It’s not proof that the Earth is rotating, it’s a phenomenon which is related to gravitational drag effect.– Coriolis Effect, definition
A corollary is a statement that follows readily from a previous statement.– Corollary, definition
Principia Mattymatica – Corollaries
|I||All Life is One||Genesis 1:1-2|
|II||CMBR – Got Milk?||1 Corinthians 3:1-2|
|III||Gravity of Earth||Job 38:4-7|
|IV||Gravitational Time Dilation||Psalms 71:18|
|V||Kepler’s Laws||Daniel 2:27-28a|
|VI||Newton’s Law of Universal Gravitation||Leviticus 19:35-36|
|VII||Earth’s Immense Deep Interior||Job 28:5|
|VIII||Matty’s Parallax||Isaiah 40:12|
|IX||Plate Tectonics||Genesis 10:25|
|X||Genetic Decay||Psalms 33:17|
- A ball of glowing plasma that’s so bright that you can’t look at it.
- Minute specks in the night sky that can barely be seen. Visible stars reflect the light of the sun. They are unknown luminous material (ULM) the majority of which are crystalline firmament material (CFM).
- Includes what we call stars, galaxies, quasars, planets and asteroids.
- See below.
Cosmos is frequently used to refer to the space between the atmosphere (1st heaven) and the firmament (3rd heaven). It’s the location of the stars and planets.– Cosmos (2nd Heaven), definition
See also Celestial Realm.
The basic building block of Hebrew poetry is the couplet (also called a distich or bicolon), which consists of two contiguous lines related to each other by form and by content.– Couplet, definition Biblical Poetry
Creation is the supernatural cause of the universe, a sequentially more complex ordering of a pre-existent body of water called “the deep” (Ex Abyssi) which obeys all physical laws including the first law of thermodynamics which states that energy can be transformed from one form to another, but can be neither made to appear from nothing nor destroyed.
Creation wasn’t from nothing (Ex Nihilo) and there’s no trace of this doctrine anywhere is the Bible. ANYWHERE. Get over it.– Creation, definition
Creation, Pattern in
- The darkness in Genesis 1:2 is the pattern of Christ becoming sin for us,
- Let light be, is the pattern for the slaying of the Lamb of God, from which is reborn the new creation,
- The darkness at the end of the first day is the pattern for Jesus’ rejection and condemnation by the people of His time.
The purpose of creation is to bring about the permanent physical separation of light from darkness, day from night, good from evil.– The Purpose of Creation
The reason for creation is the manifestation of sentient life with free will.– The Reason for Creation
CRETACEOUS– Wilson N. Stewart, Paleobotany and the evolution of plants
Climate tending to be uniform, temperate because of extensive inundation of continents. Elevation of Rocky Mountains. Angiosperms rise to dominance in Upper Cretaceous. First recognition of angiosperm pollen, leaves and flowers in Lower Cretaceous. Monocots and dicots present. Modern groups of insects; first pouched and placental mammals; extinction of giant land reptiles.
Crust and Mantle, Synonyms
|bottoms of the mountains||לְקִצְבֵ֤י הָרִים֙||qetseb har||Jonah 2:6|
|foundations of the hills||וּמוֹסְדֵ֣י הָרִ֣ים||mowcadah har||Psalms 18:7|
|foundations of the mountains||וּמוֹסְדֵ֣י הָרִ֣ים||mowcadah har||Deut. 32:22|
|foundations of the world||מוֹסְד֪וֹת תֵּ֫בֵ֥ל||mowcadah tebel||Psalms 18:15|
Biblical Features of the Crust and Surface
|Coasts of the earth||yerekah erets||Jeremiah 25:32||3/12|
|Corners of the earth||3/12|
|Dry land||yabbashah||Genesis 1:9-10||3/3|
|Earth above the waters||erets||Psalms 136:6||3/6|
|Eden, East of Eden||eden||Genesis 2:8-15; 3:23||3/4|
|Ends of the earth||qatsah erets||Job 28:24||3/12|
|Face of the world||paneh tebel||Isaiah 14:21|
|Farthest parts of the earth||yerekah erets||Jeremiah 25:32||3/12|
|Fountains of the great deep||mayanah||Genesis 7:11||3/6|
|Heads (headwaters)||rosh||Genesis 2:10||3/4|
|Highest part||rosh||Proverbs 8:26||3/4|
|Sides of the earth||yerekah erets||Jeremiah 6:22||3/12|
|Waterspouts (waterfalls)||tsinnuwr||Psalms 42:7||3/5|
|World||tebel||Proverbs 8:26; 31||3/13|
Crystal Forms and Properties
|Layer||Name||Crystal System||Mohs |
|11||Jacinth (Zircon)||Tetragonal||7.5||4.6 – 4.7||2200 – 2250|
|10||Chrysoprasus||Cryptocrystalline||6 – 7||3.97 – 4||3265|
|9||Topaz||Orthorhombic||8||3.49 – 3.57||1000|
|8||Beryl||Hexagonal||7.5 – 8||2.76||1287|
|7||Chrysolite (Peridot)||Orthorhombic||6.5 – 7||3.2 – 4.3||1400|
|6||Sardius (Carnelian)||Trigonal||6 – 7||2.59 – 2.61||1650|
|5||Sardonyx (Onyx)||Trigonal||6.5 – 7||2.55 – 2.7||1650|
|4||Emerald||Hexagonal||7.5 – 8||2.76||2570|
|3||Chalcedony||Trigonal or monoclinic||6 – 7||2.59 – 2.61||1650|
|2||Sapphire||Trigonal||9||4.0 – 4.1||2030 – 2050|
|1||Jasper||–||–||2.5 – 2.9||1200|
|0||Obsidian||Amorphous||5 – 6||2.4||700 – 900|
|-2||Ruby||Trigonal||9||3.97 – 4.05||2000|
|-3||Sapphire||Trigonal||9||4.0 – 4.1||2030 – 2050|
Crystalline Firmament Material
Crystalline firmament material (CFM) is fragments of layered crystal, including sapphire, ruby and diamond, that occupy the Kuiper Belt. They’re make up a large proportion of what we call the stars.– Crystalline Firmament Material (CFM), definition
Cursed Earth (Sinian)
The Earth was cursed as a result of original sin. The curse was the beginning of nuclear decay which caused the core of the Earth to begin to melt. It causes the earth to only yield crops after lots of sweating. This curse was lifted after Noah’s flood.– Cursed Earth (Sinian), definition
We cover the cursed Earth, and changes to the hydrological cycle at the fall of man, in the devotional for July.